How insurance companies try to pay you less for your Bridgeport, CT accident case. What you can do about it!

If you are seriously injured in a Bridgeport, CT accident, a hit-and-run case, a crosswalk accident, a bicycle accident, slip and fall or trip and fall, or if you’ve been bitten by a dog or you’ve been injured in some other way then chances are you were going to be contacted by the insurance adjuster of the at fault party. The insurance adjuster will advise you that she is here to help you, to get your medical bills paid, to get your lost wages paid and to provide you with compensation for your injuries.The insurance adjuster will tell you that she first needs to take a recorded statement from you so she can begin to process your claim. This is not true and you should never give a recorded statement to the insurance adjuster of the at fault party.

If you attempt to resolve your own Bridgeport, CT accident case without first consulting with experienced Connecticut accident attorney you run the very real risk of severely harming the value of your case and you might even destroy your case altogether. It is the business of the insurance adjuster to pay an injured party the least amount of money possible for the victim’s injury case. Do not be naïve enough to think that the insurance adjuster, representing the person that caused your accident, is there to help you. Most people are quite trusting and feel that the insurance adjuster will be looking out for their best interest and after all they are trying to save you money so you do not have to hire a personal injury lawyer. So what are just a few of the ways that an insurance company will try to pay you less money for your Connecticut accident case?

The insurance adjuster might attempt to try any or all of the following methods to either advise you you do not have a case or that your case is worth far less money than you might otherwise think:

Denying liability-the insurance adjuster might try and claim that you are somehow liable for the injuries which you sustained in the accident that were caused by their insured. The insurance adjuster might claim that you were speeding, or you are not paying attention, or you did not turn your vehicle to the right or to the left to avoid the collision, or you did not apply your brakes in time to avoid the collision, or that your tires lacked sufficient tread depth to enable you to stop in time or that their insured’s driver had to take emergency action and caused the accident which would not be their fault because of the sudden emergency doctrine;

Asserting false defenses-the insurance adjuster might claim that the police report does not indicate that their insured is at fault because that individual did not receive a ticket, or they may claim that an eyewitness gave a different account of what happened, or that the police accident report indicates that you were not injured at the scene of the accident and you refused medical treatment, or that your car received minimal damage and therefore you could not have received the injuries which you are now claiming;

Disputing your medical treatment-the insurance adjuster might claim that you did not receive any medical care until days or even weeks after the accident and therefore you could not have been injured in this accident, the adjuster might also claim that you received treatment that was unnecessary; the adjuster might also claim that you over treated for your injuries; or a claim might be made that you had recovered from your injuries and you continued to receive medical treatment or that you should have recovered much quicker than you did; and

Pre-existing injuries-the insurance adjuster might claim that you had an injury to the same body parts many years ago and that the insurance company is not responsible for your “new” injury because it was there before or the insurance adjuster might claim you had a pre-existing medical condition that has now resurfaced and it is not their insured’s fault or the insurance adjuster might claim that you had previously sought chiropractic care and therefore any injuries which you are now claiming are unrelated to this accident.

So what can you do to obtain more money for your personal injury case when the insurance adjuster is using these tactics? The answer is quite simple in that you must get the advice of an experienced Connecticut accident attorney. You need to find out what you should be doing and what you should not be doing. You need to learn what you can do to get better medical care and to get better quicker. You need to learn how to develop your lost wage claim and what you can do to get more money for your Bridgeport, CT accident case. You can visit our website at and download a free copy of our Connecticut accident and injury Law book where these answers and so many others will be set out for you. You can also call our toll-free number and speak to one of our Connecticut accident attorneys to get your questions answered over the phone or you can set up a free, no obligation consultation we will be happy to answer any and all questions which you might have.

Our Connecticut injury lawyers and accident attorneys handle these cases on a contingency fee basis and advance the costs to develop your case. This means that you do not have to come up with any money out of pocket. We are only paid a fee and our costs if we recover money damages for you. If there is no recovery then you will owe no legal fees and no costs. We take all of the financial risk so you can concentrate on getting better. Contact us today before you do something to severely damage your case.